Industrial Dehumidifiers – Industrial Dehumidifier
Industrial Dehumidifiers From – 30 Litres /24 Hours To 120 Litres /24 Hours at 30°C/90% Relative Air Humidity
First we have our Germany made Units from Kroll , then listed at the bottom end of the page are our “FR” models made in the UK, and these units are available in dual voltage , as well as 240 Volt / Single Phase
Industrial Dehumidifiers – These professional Kroll Industrial Dehumidifiers have been designed to provide an effective solution whatever the situation. In newly built or partially completed buildings, Kroll Industrial Dehumidifiers enable interior plaster, screeds and timber work to be dried at a controlled rate. This means that construction can work systematically, keeping to the required schedule, regardless of weather conditions. They are also a popular choice throughout the hire and flood restoration industries where they help reduce the speed of drying times and reduce water damage.
These heavy duty dehumidifiers, are well built and robust, made with high quality components as you would expect from a German manufacturer. That’s why the dehumidifier rental specialists and the flood damage industry love them so much. They give years of trouble free , high efficiency operation and many people consider this range as the best industrial dehumidifier on the market.
These Industrial dehumidifiers from Flexiheat UK are the ideal solution for so many applications;-
- Drying out water or flood damaged buildings, eliminating the need to replace and reconstruct
- Developing stable environments for exposed metal to prevent corrosion
- Reducing drying times at construction sites for concrete, insulation, and fireproofing
- Preparing surfaces and vessels for painting and coating applications
- Blanketing equipment to protect from humid air
- Maintaining correct ambient conditions for laying of flooring
Technologically Advanced Industrial Dehumidifiers
One of the biggest problems with industrial refrigerant dehumidifiers is that when the temperature in the area being dried drops, then the performance of the dehumidifier drops quite severely. Kroll being a German manufacturer and renowned for its technical expertise has come up with a solution to boost extraction rates at lower temperatures that we tend to see in the UK and Northern Europe. That engineering solution is to add a 2 kW electric heating element prior to the evaporator ,which increases the air temperature , allowing it to hold more water vapour which is then removed by the evaporator. This makes the TE range of dehumidifiers extremely efficient, often removing the need to add additional heating to the area being dried, and cutting down on the time required to do the job of drying the area. You could almost say that these units are a hybrid industrial dehumidifiers , as they give you both the benefit of the refrigerant dehumidifier which are –
Dehumidification Performance -They can remove a larger volume of moisture per day, when compared to a desiccant dehumidifier – making them particularly useful at the early stage of flood restoration when saturated materials require drying rapidly, or on building sites where concrete or plaster needs to be dried fast.Desiccant dehumidifiers only perform better than a refrigeration dehumidifier at low temperatures and low RH (Relative Humidity) – not what you need really! And they perform significantly worse at temperatures of 10C and above. This is where the additional heating element installed in our “TE” range of Industrial dehumidifiers comes into its own, as you can turn it on or off depending on the temperature, having the performance of a desiccant dehumidifier at lower temperatures , and the benefits of a refrigerant dehumidifier at higher temperatures.
Industrial Dehumidifiers – Running Costs – As a rule refrigerant dehumidifiers consume less electricity so they are cheaper to run, when compared to desiccant dehumidifiers.
Refrigerant Industrial Dehumidifiers are easier to use – Desiccant dehumidifiers use heat to evaporate the moisture captured on the desiccant wheel, this vaporised moisture then has to be ducted out of the building. The opposite is true of a refrigerant dehumidifier, as the process gives off “clean heat” (i.e. no water vapour ), raising the temperature in the area being dried which helps the extraction rate improve as the higher the ambient temperature , the better the extraction rate !
These benefits make our Industrial dehumidifiers units , TE 40 – TE 120 perfect to accelerate the drying process in new buildings, or for flood restoration.
Performance of Industrial dehumidifiers? How are they calculated?
Most dehumidifier manufacturers quote the capacities of their dehumidifiers based on a temperature of 30°C and 100 % relative humidity i.e the temperatures and humidity levels that you would find in Florida, in the summer. The capacity the units will extract is given in litres per 24 hours. If the temperature is lower, as we often find in the UK, then the performance of the unit is lower. Here is an example;-
|Temperature & Relative Humidity||Model||Model|
|At 10°C / 60% Relative Humidity||8 litres||16 litres|
|At 25°C / 60% Relative Humidity||20 litres||34 litres|
|At 30°C / 60% Relative Humidity||36 litres||65 litres|
As you can see from the above, the colder the air temperature, the less water is extracted. At a temperature of 5°C refrigerant industrial dehumidifiers will stop extracting all together, that’s why we developed the “TE” range which has the electrical heating element ( 2kW ) withing the unit to raise this air temperature, and boost extraction rates,and speed up the drying process.
What can I do about this, to get my extraction rate up on my Industrial Dehumidifier ?
Quite simple, add an additional heat source to the area to be dried, the higher the temperature , the higher the extraction rate !. The best option is an electrical heater or an indirect ( this means the products of combustion do not enter the area being heated, as they contain moisture ) oil or gas heater. The hotter the area is, the better the extraction rate you will achieve
Airflow is important – You need to ensure that you are using the right size industrial dehumidifier for the area you want to extract the vapour from. The general rule is –
To keep the room dry, multiply the air volume the unit will do by 2
So, for the Kroll TE40 it is 500 M³/h thus a room with a volume of 1,000 M³
To dry a room, multiply the air volume the unit will do by 1
So, for the Kroll TE40 it is 500 M³/h thus a room with a volume of 500 M³
If you require any Industrial Dehumidifier sizing advice please click here
The TE40 unit comes complete with a 14 Litre drip pan , and also has the ability to have a condensate pump fitted which will pump up to 5.4 metres, the TE80 -120 models have no drip pan and are designed to utilize a condensate pump (which will pump up to 5.4 metres), or to allow the condensate to drain under gravity to a drain point or bucket.
So, if you’re looking for the best industrial dehumidifiers to help tackle condensation, damp and mould, we’ll help you find the best Industrial dehumidifier for your requirements.
Portable Industrial Dehumidifier
- The units are easy to install, immediately ready for use and have a low noise level when in operation ( only 50 to 58 dB(a) depending on the model – please see technical data information )
Automatic hot gas defrosting
- Ensures trouble-free operational so when the unit is running permanently. This leads to an elevated degree of efficiency and very short operation breaks.
Wide range of operation
- From 0 to 35°C, at 30 to 95% relative air humidity (see technical data table)
TE models with additional heating
- The additional electric heating (2 kW) raises the room temperature at cold weather and thus improves the dehumidifying performance.
- The robust long-time filter which is easy to clean increases the units lifespan.
- Overflow switch with magnetic contact CFC-free refrigerant: to protect the environment and the ozone layer.
- LED display informs about the current operating status. Electronic and safety control for fully automatic operation.
Important when renting the units
- Hours counter
Industrial Dehumidifiers – Useful Accessories
Hygrostat or sometimes referred to as a hydrostat
The Hygrostat enables you to set and regulate the required humidity in the room. The hygrostat maintains the pre-set humidity and optimises dehumidifier performance in high humidity environments.
Industrial Dehumidifiers – Model “FR40”
- Maximum extraction rate – 38.01 Litres /24 Hrs @ 100%RH/35°C – real world extraction rate – 11.25 Litres /24 Hrs @ 70%RH/20°C
- Nominal Airflow Rate – 849 M3/Hour , or 30,000 CF/Hour
- Built for industrial applications
- Compact design
- Locking castors
- Dimensions ( Height x Breadth x Depth ) – 545 mm x 370 mm x 320 mm
- Weight – 23 KG’s
- Electrical Supply – 230 Volt/50Hz/1 Phase or Dual Voltage available 110 Volt / 230 Volt
- Nominal Running Current – 1.3 Amps (230 volt)
A compact industrial dehumidifier ideal for site or flood restoration use. The rugged and reliable industrial portable dehumidifier model “FR40” has been designed to maximise storage and transport space and is available in either single phase voltage or dual voltage and with a host of accessories including humidistat, condensate pump and hour counter
Industrial Dehumidifiers – Model “FR70”
- Maximum extraction rate – 70.65 Litres /24 Hrs @ 100%RH/35°C – real world extraction rate – 25.50 Litres /24 Hrs @ 70%RH/20°C
- Nominal Airflow Rate – 849 M3/Hour , or 30,000 CF/Hour
- Built for industrial dehumidification applications
- Compact design
- Large wheels -ensuring the unit is easy to maneuver around the site
- Dimensions ( Height x Breadth x Depth ) – 770 mm x 445 mm x 470 mm
- Weight – 36 KG’s
- Electrical Supply – 230 Volt/50Hz/1 Phase or Dual Voltage available 110 Volt / 240 Volt
- Nominal Running Current – 3.6 Amps (230 volt)
A high capacity industrial dehumidifier ideal for site or flood restoration use. The rugged and reliable industrial grade dehumidifier model “FR70″’s steel case is built to withstand the rigours of daily site use and it is also available in dual voltage along with accessories including condensate pump, humidistat and hour counter.
Industrial Dehumidifiers – Model “FR170”
- Maximum extraction rate – 169 Litres /24 Hrs @ 100%RH/35°C – real world extraction rate – 51 Litres /24 Hrs @ 70%RH/20°C
- Nominal Airflow Rate – 1,274 M3/Hr , or 45,000 CF/Hr
- Built for industrial use – dehumidifier industrial -this is one of the largest mobile units on the market
- Comes with all extras as standard – humidistat,condensate pump and hours counter
- Dimensions ( Height x Breadth x Depth )- 1180 mm x 680 mm x 665 mm
- Weight – 68 KG’s
- Supply – Single Voltage – 240 Volt / 1 Phase or available as a Dual Voltage 110 Volt / 230 Volt Industrial Dehumidifier
- Nominal Running Current – 10 Amps (230 volt)
Our biggest dehumidifier is built tough for use on building sites and in industrial applications whilst still being fully portable and maneuverable. Whether it be the 240 Volt single voltage unit or the dual voltage model the Flexiheat ” FR170″ industrial dehumidifier comes with humidistat, condensate pump and hour counter as standard.
FR Dehumidifier Models – Accessories description and functions
Electronic hour counter -This indicates the number of hours the unit has run throughout it’s life. The counter is not re-settable so readings should be noted at the start and end of the drying cycle to determine the run time.
Humidistat -The humidistat senses the the relative humidity of the air where the dehumidifier is working. By adjusting the humidistat control the humidity at which the machine operates can be altered.When the chosen humidity level is reached the dehumidifier will switch off and will not start again until the humidity increases.This saves wasting energy and allows full automatic control of the dehumidifier – this is a highly recommended accessory.
Condensate pump -The operation of the pump is completely automatic. It is wired such that it has a live feed even if the unit has been switched off at the on/ off switch as long as the mains lead is connected to a live power supply.This ensures a purge operation will automatically be done if moisture collects in the pump after running
Industrial Dehumidifiers for Sale UK & Ireland
So whether you call these units an – Industrial Dehumidifiers, dehumidifier industrial, industrial grade dehumidifier, industrial portable dehumidifier ,or a heavy duty dehumidifier , we just like to think that we have the best industrial dehumidifiers for sale on the UK and Irish markets -Should you require anymore assistance or information on our comprehensive range then please don’t hesitate to contact our sales team on 01202 822221 or click here for our email contact form